Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sweet Little Shed

   Well it has certainly been a long time since I've managed to get anything done around the house because of all the lovely students in the previous post, and though I certainly miss them, I do have the opportunity to once again climb a ladder and paint. So attention is turned to the little shed that we fell in love with on one day one.


And then on day sixteen we were warned by Ron the inspector that if we didn't get a new roof on the little thing, it wouldn't stand much longer. So as much as we loved the moss on the roof, we wanted to save the shed.


Now we thought about doing it ourselves, of course...until we got atop the ladder and noticed the pitch of the roof. And when Tim the roofer arrived, he noted the pitch of the roof was not nearly as dangerous as the many rotted circa 1850 boards beneath the shingles. So we were pleased to hand this job over to someone who could actually do it and survive the experience.


The one thing I could do was paint, so Pete put some trim up around the front windows and I defined them with one of my favorite greens.


And here is the backyard view of the little shed with the rotted boards and shingles removed, and now that I look at this photo I realize that it indeed would have been quite a distance to fall, so many thanks to Tim.


And while Tim worked on the roof, Pete went around looking for a window that was more suitable than the broken storm windows, and of course he found it at our favorite thrift shop.

And I painted them.


And then on the house side there was no window at all, so Pete found the perfect tiny window for that and then added a bit of trim...

...and I painted.

And though we are far far from finished, the sweet little shed has been saved and will now live to see another century. The inside of the shed will undoubtedly pose both the greatest challenge and provide the most pleasure.



I predict paint!

2 comments:

  1. It's like seeing a piece of art coming into being. The wood texture reminds me of canvasimagine your pride and joy when painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am typing with iPad, the error is by the machine. :p
    We miss you guys. The travel is more exhausting than expected.
    Good you are safe in the restoration. :p

    ReplyDelete