Saturday, July 19, 2014

First American Home - My Students' Visit



   I had the sincere pleasure of hosting my international students at sweetlittlehouse this past week. For all, it was their first visit to an 
American's house. I am not able to put into words the beauty of their reactions, so I include snippets from the blogs that they write for me... 
                                        ****************
 After the quiet adventure in the wood, we went to Carrie’s house with great expectation. Carrie has a spacious two storey house with a history of more than 
150 years. On the first floor there is a living room, a guest room and a kitchen. 
The decoration in it leaves me a warm and sweet impression. Outside the house, there is a big courtyard with some huge trees and a variety of flowers and 
vegetables. As far as I am concerned, it is really a wonderful place for people 
to live.     Yi Ming

2014年7月17日星期四


Carrie’s House

      This afternoon, we went on a 3-hour trip to three places: a beach, a forest, and Carrie’s house, and what impressed me most is Carrie’s house.  
       Carrie possesses a very old and spacious two-storeyed house. Carrie told us that it has a history of 150 years. On the first floor are a large kitchen, a bathroom, a guest bedroom, and a very spacious living room. The main bedrooms are on the second floor. The floor is wooden. The rooms are very tidy, clean and very comfortable.
Outside the house, there is a shed, and two big courtyards, on which grow green grass, various kinds of vegetables, and several huge trees as old as the house. The environment is really beautiful!
Guess how much the house costs Carrie? Only about $140, 000 (RMB900,000)
What a cheap house it is compared to mine in China!

       My husband and I bought a new 3-bedroom apartment last year.Though it is newly built, it is unfurnished, and neither is it as spacious as Carrie’s. And it has no courtyards or shed or big old trees. But it costs my husband and me more than RMB950,000!
                                                     Qiu Xiangling


Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is the lovely, blossoming tree outside our teacher's ancient yet comfortable house. 


I adore the life in great leisure and dream  of owning a house with a cool courtyard and plant the fruit trees and beautiful flowers in it.   Feng Tong

2014年7月18日星

The Art Corner in Carrie's House

The Art Corner in Carrie's House
July 17, 2014

Yesterday we had a wonderful trip to our instructor Carrie's house.

This is a beautiful and cozy house with a large backyard. In the yard there is  a relaxing swing.

When I went into her house,a corner in her living room caught my eye. On the window hangs a bunch of crystal beads with Japanese characters in them.The colors of the beads well matched with the background white color of the curtain, presenting a harmonious atmosphere in the house and showing us
the special artistic taste the owner of
the house has.    Tian Xiangling
                                                             *********************

After we finished our hiking in the wood, we set off for the final destination: Carrie’s house. Carrie was so kind that she invited all of us to her house. The moment I went into the courtyard, my eyes were caught by the bowl of flowers hanging beside the entrance gate which seemed to smile and greet every guest who entered the house, and then I smelt light fragrance, soon I found in front of me a tree blooming with white flowers but behind the fence. On the left there were a lot of flowers whose names I didn’t know. As I stepped forward, I found there was a grape tree on my right side, just under the window of the living room. There were so many different plants in the yard that I find it difficult to focus on just one of them.  What attracted me more is the backyard which I soon found. It was so spacious that it must cover about two basketball courts. What’s more, there are two very tall big trees which provide shade over almost all the backyard. Between the two big trees there is a white super big hammock which is really eye-catching! After we lingered on the backyard and tried the hammock and took pictures with it, we visited Carrie’s house. This house is more than a hundred years old but it’s still in good shape. Carrie displayed everything she had collected and made room like a mini-museum and of course the house is very lovely and comfortable too.  What a wonderful house it is , so close to nature and so fit to live in!      
                                                                           Zhou Juezhi






1 comment:

  1. Your students' comments were so thoughtful and detailed that I felt I had been there myself. How lucky they all are to have visited the home none of us have been able to see first hand...

    ReplyDelete